Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My definition of Social Networking

Social Networking is a way to socialize with people from all over the world, without having to pick up the phone, write a letter, or even see each other face to face. Social networking can be an excellent way to keep in touch with friends and family. At the same time, I feel it can also be dangerous, and invasive if not properly used. In my opinion, social networking and computer technology are very much correlated with each other. Examples of this include the changed made to cell phones, PDA's, and now laptops. Social networking sites, i.e. Facebook and Twitter, have been made prominent applications to these devices, because of their popularity.

My view of the potential for social networking sites in education is very slim. I do not feel that using these sites will become a prominent role in our educational system, at this time, and I sometimes feel they should not be. I am not familiar with many sites other than Facebook and maybe Twitter, and these I do not feel will be incorporated into lessons and activities, at the present time.

No comments:

Post a Comment