Friday, May 21, 2010

My life as Farida Firelight

I joined Second Life for the first time a few weeks ago. I did not know what to expect - at all! I knew Second Life was a very popular website that is used by many people from around the world. I found this out when I ended up in Korea and everyone around me was typing in Korean! I found this amazing!

My favorite part was editing my appearance. The options provided to edit were so detailed. I was amazed that I could even change the height of my pony tail! I guess this is what makes Second Life so exciting and personal.

My least favorite part, well, I had two. The first was that I was able to read everyones conversation with each other. I don't know if this was a setting that could be changed, but some of these conversations became quite racy and inappropriate.

The second was when I was on a ship, I went down into a door and saw all the different things. However, I had no idea how to get out of where ever I was, and somehow I looked like I was swimming. Yes, I don't understand this either!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on the inappropriate conversation. I ran into that at a couple of places as well. I've noticed there are some worlds that categorize themselves as to content, but I'm not sure they all do. (PG) It's sure a learning experience!! :)

    ReplyDelete